You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
I don't think there will be any more vector-0.12.x releases, and since we dropped support for older ghc we don't need to worry about semigroups going forward either.
If the release will be done soon (say in a month), I'll hold on updating packages to support GHC-9.2 until then to bundle the updates.
Sorry, @phadej I am not really following what packages you have in mind and how they relate to vector release. Could you please elaborate. As far as I know both v0.12.3.1 and current master work fine with ghc-9.2
Regardless of the points you brought up, the title is right on point. We do need to make a release some time soon, it has been dragging for some time now. However, if I remember correctly there was a couple of important, but breaking changes we still wanted to get done for that release. I'll try to allocate some time next couple of months to get them done, since there are cool features that people could benefit from in that upcoming v0.13 release.
I'll keep the ticket open until we get the release out there.
following what packages you have in mind and how they relate to vector release.
When checking that they work with GHC-9.2, I could also checked they work with vector0.13. I think I'll do another swap then. Maybe it's even worth to postpone vector-0.13 release until GHC-9.4
I made a
semigroups-0.20allowing revision: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/vector-0.12.3.1/revisions/, I would made a PR but there is no -0.12 branch.If the release will be done soon (say in a month), I'll hold on updating packages to support GHC-9.2 until then to bundle the updates.